Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Nanny diary: entry 11 questionaire

For those moms and dads out there please answer with real anwsers and as many as you want to give(this includes my own parents)

1.If your child does something bad deliberately(like pee on the couch) how do you respond?

2. If your child refuses to do something they need to do like brush their teeth what do you do?

3. temper tantrum-response?

4. does your child always say please and thank you? your welcome? excuse me?

5. It's bath time how do they react to the actual washing?

6.Do your kids do chores? if not why not?
(my parents need not answer this one I know exactly why not)

7.How easily do you give in once you've said no?

8. Has your child played w/ other children since a young age?
and I mean together not in the same room.

9.Is yelling/hitting/lying/etc. tolerated? be honest think hard.

10. when a problem arises appeasement or punishment?

11. your child's stand on clothes? at different ages.

12.would you ever have an au pair?

this next one is for everyone
13.define "home"

Random facts
Im a drifter
my english is getting funny
took my host mom 5 months to tell me she likes my voice
I love that
I think of fifty million things to say here everyday
I forget about 49.9999999999999999 million of them
me: mom mom mom mom mom mom(can be replaced w/ dad)
mom: What???
me:....I love you.
I hate being touched

quote:
everyday is valentines day for those of us that are basically lovable
^^is that right Beth>?

2 comments:

trudy said...

Yes the quote is right and it is by Snoopy :)
On most of the things with kids you have to be the example first...say please and thank you yourself and as they grow help them remember to say it by telling them tos say please say thank you, ok the peeing on the couch I would not get mad because they want attention so I would quietly move him to the bathroom and show him that he uses the toilet. Maybe you could have him help you clean the couch. Once you have made a stand don't give in or they will never believe you again!!! Tantrums, no attention, remove them to a place where no one can see them or if you are brave enough just walk away a bit so that you can still see them...and let them scream their guts out, they still won't get what they want. Remember not to make your demands or expectations too high it is just a kid. Kind of like training a puppy. Want my positive disipline book? it is really good about explaining the reasons kids do things or what they are really wanting like attention or power etc. love you annie

Anne Katherine said...

I dont need advice I cant do anything I just wanted to compare erk to other kids