Friday, October 30, 2009

nanny diary:entry 1

Ok so in two months I will be leaving utah on my way to maryland on my way to Stuttgart Deutschland. As many of you know Ive been trying to move to Germany since I was old enough to think about it and many probably don't know Ive been thinking about being an aupair for about a year and about a month or so ago I just decided to do it. I found a host family using greataupairs.com which is a great site if you want to do this sort of thing, the school used to have families that they worked with but they are now all grown up! So my family aren't members but there is a ward in the city they live in and I should have most Sundays to do as I please. The Family has 2 kids Erk about 2 1/2 and Lara about a week! They live in downtown Stuttgart. Ill live with the family and take care of the kids and do some light housework. They still have a cleaning lady so none of the cleaning will be super intensive. The mom is Turkish and the dad is German so they speak a lot of languages in their house. They want me to speak english with Erk but they will speak German with me so I can improve my language skills. Ill also take a language course while I am there in the evenings. ok so the rest of the "diaries" will be on hold until january but this is whats new with me. If you have any questions comments or concerns leave them here
-Anne

3 comments:

Ariella said...

I'm so excited for you!!! What an amazing opportunity!

Mia Hansen said...

THAT IS AMAZING! Wow Anne, good for you! I can't wait to hear how all that goes!

Unknown said...

Wow! This sounds amazing! Have an awesome time! How long are you going to be there?