Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Chestnuts roasting on an open fire

Those are actually really good

Jack frost nipping at your nose--you know he is a personification of winter?
yule tide carols being sung by a choir--or you know just that crazy chick
and folks dressed up like eskimos--cute


in other news it's nearly christmas which is exciting and a bit sad. Im almost done with christmas shopping I just want to get a couple books for my au pair kids. But most my shopping was done like a while ago since it had to be sent back to the states...ok I have a couple gifts that wont get sent till after the holidays since I was going to get them in Nurnburg.

Im hoping to buy my plane ticket next month so then people can officially start counting down to when I come home instead of just a vague general idea that keeps changing

So even though I love Germany--I wish I were home for christmas and I wish I was going back to school next semester I miss it I miss being a student its like completely awesome! But its weird to think of where I was a year ago going to visit my mom in the hospital in Denver and then my sister in Durango it doesn't seem that long ago. But so many things have changed I know things back home have changed a lot but honestly so have I. I think many of you will be surprised by this when I get back home. I'm more confident, more comfortable in my own skin, and a bit more outgoing. My motto has kind of come to be just own it! cause you are who you are no excuses or apologies. Yes I'm kind of a dork and on occasion a bit too impulsive and unpredictable but I like who I am and I'm happy I get the chance to develop and round out my personality through these amazing experiences I'm having that are based on impulsive decisions. I think with my heart a lot and I like that.

Ok quick messages to my family
Dad-Thanks for supporting my craziness and being there for me when I need you. Thank you for keeping a spot open for me in your life. Little things here will remind me of you and make me smile. I wish you could come visit me since I know it'd be exciting to be here again. Good luck with school next semester!
Mom-Thanks for thinking about me so often and all of your support. Thanks to you I always have my eyes out for bunnies :) Miss you I'll be home soon!
Beth-I miss you so much I wish I could see you this christmas and I hope you like your gift! I hope that the holiday is super fun for you I bet your excited to see kempers face christmas morning! I know I would be. Talk to you soon
Granny--Thank you for your support and concern I hope you know that I apprieciate all that you have done to help me in my life. Have a beautiful christmas.

And a happy new year.

3 comments:

Beth said...

I miss you Anne! I hope your Christmas is really great, and I'm really sorry I haven't got your package in the mail. I feel really bad it won't be there for Christmas, but it will be soon. I hope everything is great, and that you're enjoying your time. Love you.

DvdPearson said...

Lieb dich auch Anne Ich vermisse dich froehliche Weinachten - Dad

trudy said...

I love you Anne. You are amazing and I am glad that you are learning so much about yourself...it is a life long pursuit! I can't wait till you get home and can tell us wonderful stories :) mom