Friday, May 22, 2009

The one in which we forgot our passports


So on wenesday we were going to register for classes me and my roommate were totally ready forms all prepared. This day I also decided to wear a skirt to look nice and it was a little hot. We got to class about 9:15 and class doesn't start untill 10 plenty of time to mess around on the computer right? Wrong. Hillary and I imediatly realized we forgot our passports. Something we need to register to become a resident. So we called the people that were just moving into our apt in hopes that the wife(shelly) could go get the passports, but alas they had already left. SO we had 45 minutes to run home and back. So we did. Run that is. It's quite interesting to run past people going to the opera in order to catch a street car. So 2 stops from our house it was 9:30 we were back on the platform with our passports by 9:36. We live two blocks from the stop and up 3 flights of stairs...we can book it. Back with time to check our e-mail barely. And now I am a resident of Vienna Austria. How many people can say that? well quite a feew but you get the idea

2 comments:

trudy said...

Too fun. I am a litte afraid that i may never get you to live in the United States again!!!

Beth said...

Thats funny, I'm glad you love it there! I guess I need to learn some German.
I just read there was a big fight at the Sikh Temple.. heard of it? hope you weren't there!