Monday, July 4, 2011

the fourth

Odd as it may seem the fourth of July is most definitely a family holiday. Valentines, st. Patricks, Halloween even new year's eve are great holiday's to be single. I could walk out of my house and head to any sort of event for said holiday and have tons of fun. I attempted to go to a fourth of July event today and it was well...lame. Cute kids running around, little games to be played, pony rides, barbeque stands and music in the background. After walking around once and getting some fries we decided it was time to go. I remember when I was little essentially doing the same thing we would go and stay for hours playing video games and I remember it being so amazing. I haven't actually been to a fourth of july celebration in four years now and I'm ok with that.

Going to the fourth of july on your own is like being the only single person at a party, vaguely
awkward. Sure fireworks are beautiful but I don't want to wait around 5 hours to see them. In Germany we have to wait till eleven just for it to be dark enough to see them. Sitting around with nothing to do till they come just isn't worth it maybe once I have a family and have more than just 2 to sit around and play games to pass the time it'll be fun but for right now I'll leave the family holidays to the families

No comments: