Tuesday, June 9, 2009

The one in which I fell off a bike

Ok so yesterday we decided to get City bikes and ride around the ring. City bikes cost a euro to start the program and then each time you use it the first hour is free and the next only like costs one euro. The ring is the street that circles the first district, its generally where the old city wall used to be. So after about twenty minutes we all had our bikes and started off. This is the first time I've ridden a bike in a very long time. SO me with my 20 or so pound bookbag soon fell behind the rest of the group, but I found myself in the company of the ehepaar which was a very good thing a few minutes later since I suddenly realized my bike was about to crash. Somehow I managed to jump off my bike and I was standing next to it when they turned around. Simeon took my bag to prevent me from falling again. We had a pretty good ride but were going pretty fast at the end up a hill trying to find a place to return the bikes and get to the Burgtheater by 3.

And here is my little rant for today. I wish people would stop trying to teach me patience I wish they would stop if it hasnt worked for the past 18....almost 19 years why would it work now? I ask you. I've noticed I generally get more impatient when things dont go exactly like I'd hoped or as quickly as I wanted. I generally have to get mad before I back off...which probably is not a quality akin to patience but closer to stuborness. Because I am stuborn and impatient and braty. But I'm actually trying to change that-force myself to be patient...but I think most of that resolve is out of stubornness....whatever. So Im sitting here eating a slightly green banana hoping that it will make me feel better...but I still kind of feel sick to my stomach...Ok homework time, staying busy is key to my plan.

1 comment:

Beth said...

Okay, I am totally in big sister mode now so:
1) make your backpack lighter! jeez girl, seriously! You are going to have freaking back problems!!
2) I don't think you need to be more patient or anything like that, I think you just need to learn how to chill.
3) Eating a green banana might not be the best thing to calm your stomach. Try peppermint water, I know it sounds weird but it is supposed to be soothing.

okay.... enough of that. I love you!