Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Wow what a weekend!

Ok more like a week since I have to start with last wenesday evening when our long weekend started.





Wenesday: For our german class we saw Zauberflote the opera by Mozart. Let me tell you there is a reason that Mozart was a composer and not a writer. Seriously the music is amazing and the story is entertaining but also weird and confusing. Oh did I mention it was pupets which was pretty cool..but I did almost fall asleep I was tired. At the same time over half our group was on the way to Frankfurt to go to the temple, I didn't go because I thought I wouldn't have enough money, but its ok I had an amazing weekend.





Thursday: Ok so I went to megans at 10 to do homework and plan our trip to Bratislava. We ended up spending hours trying to find tickets going to Sudbahnhoff trying to find the ticket counter getting lunch and going back to her house. We got tickets 14 euros round trip, which if you don't know is pretty sweet. We went back to her house did homework, went up to our directors house since I left the tickets for a midsummersnightsdream in it (in german its all one word) then we went to chelseas to watch movies. Before we went to her house though we stopped for ice cream. Megan got a box but I got a cone with disasterous results. When the U-bahn came it blew my hair into my ice cream....yeah gross. The movies were really good though one is german and I want to see the other 4 and the other was Kung fu Panda auf Deutsch, which is funny that they still have his name be po. I fell asleep there and ended up getting home at midnight but don't worry the guys walked me home.





Friday:So for me friday was a breeze but my friends were busy helping one of the girls in our group get engaged. One had to go get her now fiance and the other had to make sure she got to the appointed place on time and looked decent. I won't go into it because it took a lot of planning time effort and lying seriously even our director was helping us. So I met up with them and we went to Herbs aka snitzelwirt. That was amazing because who doesnt love wiener schnitzel(and if its called that in austria it has to be made of veal or they are breaking the law) Then we went to movie night and watched no reservations, seriously at the end of a long hard week you really just need a good chick flick. Then we went home talked too much and slept because



Saturday: 4:30 am...alarm goes off to get up and get to the train station and get on a train and we almost got on the wrong one. Highlights of our 6 am train ride:

"you look uncomfortable" "what I'm a terradactl?"

Get to Bratislava Slovakia no one checks our passports or tickets...lame also everything was closed because its only like 8 in the morning( well we got there at 7 but took an hour to figure out where we were and get to the main train station) so we got back on the bus to go take pictures of Bratislava castle which we saw on the way to the train station. There we posed on a wall and were laughed at by the other tourists. Um then we found the little blue church(go to bratislava see the little blue church) and devin castle...it was sooo cool. Went home saw midsummers nights dream

Sunday:went to church had life changing realizations...for me to know maybe for you to find out someday.

Ok sorry it took so long to post later anne

No comments: