Monday, February 1, 2010

just decide

to be happy--you can do it! Honestly most the time I'm not happy I don't care to be which is why most of my friends attempts to cheer me up fail.

Oh thanks for the christmas present Beth! this is what I bought

Jeans that actually fit!!!! I even got the "short" ones because despite my many claims that I'm not that short....I have not long legs.
*Picture has been censored (I am a teenager after all ;0)

I also went to a movie today, I decided it would be weird to not be from an English speaking country because it seems to me that most movies are in English. Which does not bother me one bit.

There was briefly a thunderstorm Poured rain Saw lighting Heard thunder basically it was awesome. Reminded me of when I was little and my family lived on Ft Meade(oh yes we did) and the power would go out and I would sit by the window in our front room and read by lighting because there would be so much. I miss that crappy house it was awesome--like when we put plastic over the windows in the winter and it billowed out from the wind. Thats quality housing right there people.


Once again I DARE you to skip a meal in a house full of bossy(but nice) Turkish women. I ate earlier I'm not hungry so far 2 people have asked me to come eat. I'm sure at some point the maid will ask and she doesn't understand English or German and is also REALLY bossy.

Nanny notes:
--Laura has learned to grab, this hurts my neck//head(hair pulling)
--I MUST learn the words to lullaby and goodnight so I can stop humming it
--I feel that picking Erk up and carrying him to the bathroom is perfectly acceptable. Diadem does not. I obviously understand German Customs better than English ones.

Random Facts:
--If you couldn't tell from the last post I hate valentines day
--I like all other dorky fake holidays
--I don't like a fuss for my birthday(which is why I took it off facebook)
--my bangs are doing a weird swishy emo thing.

Quote(will be worth different amount of points with varying difficulty and how much I like it):
If you live to be 100 I want to be 100 minus a day so I never have to live a day without you.

4 comments:

Brandi said...

The quote is from Winnie the Pooh. And I'm beginning to think maybe we're somehow related. Except I'm fat.

But anyway...

I agree--happiness really is a choice. I know people who have horrible lives but are happy. I know people with every blessing and comfort you could imagine but who are always miserable.

Oh, and I have a bunch of German lullabies floating around in my head from the musical toys the hospital put in my son's incubator after he was born. I don't know the words to any of them.

Beth said...

I'm glad you got jeans that fit! That makes me so happy haha. And are you censoring your stomach? Why is your stomach showing?
Also I think you should decide to be happy more often, it will make your nanny job and this whole next year much more enjoyable, even though you are not happy being in Turkey.
If I didn't decide to be happy, I would be having a much harder time right now. Granted, I'm not always happy and some days I'm a huge bitch, I know< but the days I do wake up and decide I"m going to be happy... those are the best days... so try it more often :]
I love you.

Anne Katherine said...

My stomach is showing because I had pulled up my shirt to see how the waistline fit and forgot to pull it down...I censored it as a joke. And I'm almost gone from Turkey!! but I'm going to make my last week here a good one.

trudy said...

Dang!!! You got to see Turkey! Do you know how many people would love to have the opportunity to see another country...OK so we are all going to be more positive and happy and just live with our realities. Realize that it could be a lot worse than it is and look at your blessings and find the good things. Write 3 positive things about each day... I can see, I can walk(with cane) and I love my family....